What's the best way to mow my lawn?
Lawn Mowing Habits
- Never remove more than a third of the leaf blade in one mowing. Doing so will put additional stress on the turf and will affect growing habits and color.
- It is best to mow low in the spring and raise the blade as the temperatures warm. This will help lateral growth in the spring to fill in bare spots and protect the soil later in the summer from heat and weed germination. (2.5 – 3.5 inches is suggested for Bermuda and Zoysia lawns. 3.5 – 4.5 on Fescue lawns.)
- Mow on a normal schedule.
- Keep blades sharp and change directions of cut. This will give the best results and help keep the turf smooth and consistent.
What type of watering schedule would you recommend?
- It is best to water in early morning or late afternoon. DO NOT water during mid-afternoon heat.
- Water less often and for longer periods of time. We recommend two to three times per week at most with a total accumulation between one to two inches. Watering less frequently for longer periods will allow the roots to grow deeper in the soil which will allow for better water consumption and tougher turf.
- Use a rain gauge for accurate measurement.
How does rain affect my lawn treatment?
After it Rains
- Our products are “rain fast” (ready for rain) within 1 hour after application.
- Products need water to move through the soil.
- Some weed killers may be affected by rain.
When should I expect to see results from my lawn treatment?
Time Allowed for Optimal Results
- In hot weather, results will be faster. Expect 1-3 weeks.
- In warm weather, results may take 2-4 weeks.
- In cold weather, results may take up to 6 weeks.
- fertilizer green-up in 2-3 weeks.